These are my links for December 5th through January 14th:
I love playdecks for my design process. There is nothing better than serendipitous exploration to spark a great deal of creativity. Hope you find this excellent collection on Quora as helpful as I did:
What are some interesting playdecks to get creative/design inspiration?
These are my links for September 7th through November 24th:
- SCVNGR’s Secret Game Mechanics Playdeck – Very similar in concept to getmentalnotes.com or the Deck of Lenses, this design tool helps remind of some social psychology concepts and implement them.
(Tags on delicious: community game-mechanics gamemechanics psychology social ux tools )
- Gamification Summit 2011 San Francisco –
(Tags on delicious: game gamification conference ux )
- CreativeApplications.Net | Apps That Inspire… – Quality reports about the geniuses who are pushing the limits of technologies and their intended use cases.
(Tags on delicious: design inspiration interactive technology hacks opensource )
- World Leaders UI – Cool UI for sifting and sorting through world leaders.
(Tags on delicious: data visualization )
- inspirationbit – Excellent collection of inspiring design conversations.
(Tags on delicious: design inspiration webdesign reference tips ideas blog typography )
- If It Won’t Fit On A Post-It, It Won’t Fit In Your Day :: Tips :: The 99 Percent – helpful tip to keep you focused. it'll also likely help me to be more clear & concise with my list items
(Tags on delicious: productivity post-its creativity )
- daisuke motogi: lost in sofa – Embracing a negative to make it a design solution. Brilliant!
(Tags on delicious: none)
- Stanford’s Entrepreneurship Corner: John Seely Brown, Deloitte Center for Edge Innovation – Collaborative Innovation and a Pull Economy (Entire Talk) – John Seely Brown Brown (ex-Chief Scientist and Director of Xerox PARC Palo Alto, author of, "The Power of Pull," gives a talk at Stanford on the Collaborative Economy. Complete talk is segmented down into smaller morsels…
(Tags on delicious: collaboration innovation games collaborativeeconomy collaborationeconomy business )
- IfWeRanTheWorld – And another potentially hot contribution to the "Collaboration Economy." Got a killer idea that would change the world? Have the wherewithal to move an idea forward or can you mobilize a pack of troops to do? Lot's of folks do and here's an outlet to do it.
(Tags on delicious: inspiration crowdsourcing social activism ideas opensource collaborationeconomy collaborativeeconomy )
- My Concorde Thing, by Nathan Shedroff – Not just an insightful story of Nathan's collection of Concorde memorabilia, but also how he's attached meaning to his suite of air travel trinkets.
(Tags on delicious: service-design travel industrial-design )
- LukeW | Design for Mobile: Future of Mobile UX – Thought-lets on the future of mobile/personal devices+environments
(Tags on delicious: mobile design physical-spaces cloud-computing ecosystem-design )
- Machine Sketches Patent Drawings, Telling the Story of Innovation – An interesting apparatus that pulls imagery from patents and creates a sequence.
(Tags on delicious: inspiration design craft )
- Video: Jim Henson Making Muppets – Core77 – 10 minutes of Genius
(Tags on delicious: design craft innovation muppets )
- The myth of preparation – Simple exhortation to make things happen.
(Tags on delicious: motivation productivity business product-design )
- How To Change Things –
(Tags on delicious: quote change )
- Product Management Articles – Silicon Valley Product Group – Phenomenally extensive collection of articles on Product Strategy, Design, and Management.
(Tags on delicious: product-design product-management innovation leadership strategy )
- A List Apart: Articles: Managing Werewolves – Fun article describing the all-too-familiar politics at play in the office.
(Tags on delicious: management business leadership team game )
- Measuring Up: 4 Reasons to Work Well and Play Well with Others — AIGA | the professional association for design – A challenge to many designers (since, typically, we grow our creative skills independently) is to learn how to serve on team. Check the resources at the bottom of the article.
(Tags on delicious: team-building leadership )
These are my links for September 7th from 10:16 to 14:33: